Saturday, May 11, 2013

Glitter Shoes

For my wedding I really wanted a pair of teal shoes. I looked every where and couldn't find any. I saw on www.weddingbee.com DIY glitter shoes. So I thought I would give it a try I first found a pair of comfortable shoes that I could wear all day.

Here is a list of supplies.
  • Mod Podge Gloss Luster
  • Mod Podge Clear Sealer Spray Gloss
  • Glitter! Martha Stewart's has been recommended, and that's what I used! 
  • Foam brush
  • Shoes
Instructions
  1. Mix 2 oz of Mod Podge with 1 oz of glitter and mix well!
  2. Cover shoes evenly using the foam paintbrush. Use Q-tip to clean sides.
  3. Let dry for 25 minutes. It won't look great at first. 
  4. Re-apply same mixture after first coat has dried, covering over holes and spots you missed the first time. 
  5. Let dry for 25 minutes.
  6. Spray with Mod Podge Clear Sealer Spray Gloss (I recommend doing this step outside because of the odor).

Before

After

I loved these shoes and did a pair for my flower girl also!

Before

After


~Karen

1 comment: