Wednesday, May 1, 2013

All About Us


We are two sisters that want to share with you about our everyday lives! Our lives as sisters, wives, mothers, daughters, friends and more! Here is who we are: 


Karen: I have been married to my husband Reese for almost a year. We were blessed with a beautiful daughter Emma on April 6, 2013. I can’t imagine my life without her.  I am the third of four children in my family. I am extremely close with my family and enjoy spending time with them. 


I went to Spring Arbor University and got my Bachelors degree in Family Life Education and was a Families First Worker for two years. As a Families First Worker I worked with families that were involved with Child Protective Services and were at risk of losing their children to foster care. I provided intensive home-based intervention and taught life skills to prevent recurrence of abuse and neglect. I am currently blessed to be a stay at home mom. 


Sarah: I have been married to Michael for almost 3 years now. On March 31, 2012 we were blessed with a beautiful baby boy, Aiden. He has the best little personality and he is my whole world! I am the youngest of the four children in my family, and though many people think, I am not a twin to either of my sisters; we are actually quite far apart in age!! I am very lucky to live within five minutes of my parents whom I am very close with. 


I went to Oakland University to get my Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and I am certified to teach K-8 grade. Unfortunately, where I live there are not many teaching positions open, so I currently work part time at our ISD with hearing impaired kids. As much as I LOVE teaching and working with kids, my dream is to be a stay at home mom. I was lucky enough to stay home with Aiden for the first six months but then I accepted this job in hopes that it would lead to a full time teaching job so I could use my degree.


Our parents have been married for almost 38 years. Our oldest sibling lives in Georgia with her husband. She moved there to get her master’s degree and never came back! We get to see her a few times a year but we wish we could see her more! Our brother and his wife have twins; a boy and a girl.  They live very close to me (Sarah) and about two hours from Karen. We both enjoy spending time with them and watching their sporting events. We don’t live as close to each other as we would like; but, we Facetime everyday so we can see Aiden and Emma.


We look forward to sharing things with you about our simple yet wonderful “everyday” lives!!






~~Karen and Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment