Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baby Lock vs. Mom

So we have the Safety 1st Magnet Locking System for our cabinets (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4449506) and I absolutely love them! For those of you that have never heard of them, they are locks that you put on your cabinets so your children can't get in them and then you have to use a special magnet to open them. I like them because your kids can't get their little fingers in the cabinet to push down the lock to open it like they can with the common plastic ones. Well shortly after we got the locks my husband went to get a garbage bag out from under the kitchen sink. All the sudden I hear, "Where is the magnet at?" I of course proceed to tell him that it is on the side of the fridge like always. Well of course it wasn't. I assumed that it must have just got knocked down on the floor. We searched our whole entire kitchen. No magnet. We even pulled out the fridge to see if it went behind it. Still nothing. I then thought maybe our little guy got it and it got mixed in with his toys. We looked, no magnet. At this point it was going on 11 pm and of course we only had one magnet key to get the cabinets open and we had to take our trash out for pick up in the morning so we really needed to get the bags. I then thought that I could just use any old magnet to get it open and grabbed one from the fridge. Can you guess the outcome? Yup, didn't work! So after trying every magnet on the fridge I was sitting on the floor stumped. Where the heck could the magnet go?! I then remembered that we have this little spot right under the sink above the doors that kind of flips open to hold our kitchen scrubbies. There is a little tray on the part that flips down to hold everything but it doesn't go the whole length of the cabinet so there is a space at each end when you have it open. AH HA I could fit my had in that spot and unlock the lock!! So we got the lock open and got the garbage bag but we were STILL missing the key! I then got thinking that earlier in the day I had been organizing stuff under the sink and putting the plastic bags away. I had my husband check and sure enough in the middle of all the plastic bags was the key!!! So after about 45 minutes of searching and wondering how we were ever going to get our cabinets open again I figured it out! The final score Baby Lock : 0 Mom : 1 !!!!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment