Saturday, June 22, 2013

DIY Crib Teething Guard

So I recently caught little man standing up in his crib biting his crib with those tiny little teeth of his! I knew right then and there I needed to get something to protect his crib from those little teeth marks. I knew somewhere I had seen a DIY crib guard made out of fleece (I can't remember where so I kinda just did my own thing!) so away I went to JOANN FABRICS. I found a nice fleece that was green with white polka dots that was on sale for $3.99 a yard and I only bought 1/2 a yard so it cost me a whopping $2.12 tax and all!! I however should have bought a whole yard because his side rails are wider so I didn't have enough to make those. Luckily the side ones are a little taller and he has yet to nibble on those ones! All I did to make this was lay the fleece over the railing and measure how much I would need to be able to tie knots (like the fleece tie blankets) between the slats of the rail. I then cut off any extra.


 Next I cut the fleece on either side of the slats so it was like little fringe.I did the first one with it on the crib so I knew how far up to cut it, then I took it off and cut the rest on the floor.


The last step was to lay it back over the crib and tie the knots between each slat (I double knotted them). You will have fabric that is left hanging directly on the slats and all I did was tuck it up inside so you can't see it. Below you will see the finished product.






This was so easy (and cheap!) to make!! I looked into ones from the store that are a plastic and they ranged $20 and up! So far it has worked great! I am thinking about going back and getting more fabric to do the other two sides but so far we haven't needed to yet.


~Sarah

1 comment: