Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY 4th of July Door Wreath

Today I made my own DIY 4th of July Door Wreath.....I was at Hobby Lobby this afternoon and picked up all of my supplies for under $10!! What you will need to do this project is a styrofoam ring, red tulle, white tulle, blue tulle, ribbon, a tape measure, and scissors.


Step 1: Cut 16 26in strips of each color of tulle



Step 2: You are going to tie the tulle around the styrofoam ring, repeating the red, white, blue pattern. Pictured below is how I tie on the tulle.







Just and FYI this will make a HUGE glitter mess!!! I was sitting on the floor and this was just what was on my foot! I wish you could have seen my legs, floor, etc!



Step 3: After you get all of your tulle tied on you will need to cut a piece of ribbon to tie around the ring to hand your wreath from. Depending on how you want it to hang will determine how long you make your ribbon. 

Step 4: Tie your ribbon around the ring and then hand up your wreath!! Below is my finished project. The whole thing only took me about a half hour to make.


~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I think I am going to make one today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! It was really easy to make too! BUT I suggest not doing it on your living room floor unless you want to find glitter forever LOL Even after vacuuming twice I am still finding glitter!! I should have done this project in the basement!

    ReplyDelete